Blockchain Technology is the Solution to Internet Censorship
- All of your data is being harvested, making tech companies billions per year off of you.
- Similar to mainstream media, your internet experience is becoming an echo chamber, purged of any ‘controversial’ information. You see what Google wants you to see.
- Blockchain technology offers a decentralized, revolutionary approach to how information is exchanged that is already transforming our world.
Google (YouTube) Sees Everything
“Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”
– George Orwell, 1984
In order to maximize ad revenue, Google harvests all of your data, tracking all smart phone activity including everywhere the phone goes and everything that is said around the phone as well as all of your online activity.
This is made legal from the moment we accept the boiler-plated “Terms & Conditions” of every application we download to our smartphones or login on our browsers.
This data is funneled through its algorithms (artificial intelligence) adjusting your web browsing experience to tailor to your beliefs, fears, and ego.
This initially sounds like a preferable form of internet evolution. You see the ads that you will most likely click on – hear and read topics that pertain to you, however you begin to fall into an echo chamber – a bubble.
How can you expect to research and learn anything when you are only allowed to access topics that conform to your already established opinions?
We are beginning to only see what Google (DeepMind) wants us to see.
An Information Purge is Currently Underway
Since 2012, media giants such as Google (who owns YouTube) have been purging and censoring the internet of alternative media by utilizing algorithms (DeepMind) to remove videos that do not follow their rules.
What exactly are those rules?
The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) is one of the prime think tanks that gets to make these rules and decide what you are allowed to view.
“The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) was founded by The Independent Order of B’nai B’rith in October 1913, after one of its presidents of the Atlanta chapter of B’nai B’rith, Leo Max Frank, (elected to office 1912 and again in 1913, term ended in 1914), a Jewish serial rapist-pedophile, and strangler, was indicted for murdering one of his child laborers, 13-year-old, Mary Phagan.”
“The ADL pretends to be a civil rights group, but is really a Jewish spy, espionage and politically subversive organization, working to undermine the United States by pushing cultural Marxism into the mainstream …”
Quoted from: The Ugly Truth About the ADL Anti-Defamation League
Google is removing anything that contradicts their definition of historical facts and science … as defined through the mindset of the aforementioned ADL for example.
What shows up in search results, shapes people’s opinions.
“The World Wide Web, which they very purposefully call the web, has always been a cybernetic feedback loop of communication and control.”
So What is Blockchain Technology and How Can it Save the Internet?
In a blockchain system, the ledger is replicated in a large number of identical databases, each hosted and maintained by an interested party. When changes are entered in one copy, all the other copies are simultaneously updated. So as transactions occur, records of the value and assets exchanged are permanently entered in all ledgers. There is no need for third-party intermediaries to verify or transfer ownership. If a stock transaction took place on a blockchain-based system, it would be settled within seconds, securely and verifiably.
Imagine a world in which contracts are embedded in digital code and stored in transparent, shared databases, where they are protected from deletion, tampering, and revision. In this world every agreement, every process, every task, and every payment would have a digital record and signature that could be identified, validated, stored, and shared. Intermediaries like lawyers, brokers, and bankers might no longer be necessary. Individuals, organizations, machines, and algorithms would freely transact and interact with one another with little friction.
This is the immense potential of blockchain.
Blockchain—a peer-to-peer network that sits on top of the internet—was introduced in October 2008 as part of a proposal for bitcoin, a virtual currency system that eschewed a central authority for issuing currency, transferring ownership, and confirming transactions. Bitcoin is the first application of blockchain technology.
The infamous hacks that have hit bitcoin exchanges exposed weaknesses not in the blockchain itself but in separate systems linked to parties using the blockchain.
“Transactions in the Bitcoin blockchain system are protected by a mathematical race: any attacker is competing against the whole network.”
It is vital to understand that with blockchain technology:
- Everyone can see everyone’s else transactions.
- A distributed network means if something goes wrong, there is no help desk to call or anyone to sue.
- The blockchain system is designed in such a way that no trust is needed, security and reliability are obtained via special mathematical functions and code.
- Blockchain could dramatically reduce the cost of transactions. It has the potential to become the system of record for all transactions. If that happens, the economy will once again undergo a radical shift, as new, blockchain-based sources of influence and control emerge.
The Blockchain Revolution Has Already Begun
- Digital currencies, such as Bitcoin and the newly released Chinese NEO are on track to replace all crumbling fiat paper currencies.
- Steemit is a social media platform where everyone gets paid for creating and curating content. If you like what you read, you can boost an article, generating Steem digital currency for the writer.
- DTube, an alternative for YouTube offers the same incentive. Post videos, earn digital Steem currency.
- Holochain offers a new approach where a participant node does not need to have a full copy of the database, rather part of it. This will allow devices like smart phones to become a fully functioning node in a blockchain.
- Open Mined is a recent project that aims to decentralize Artificial Intelligence by leveraging blockchain technology.
A Solution to Universal Income is Available
Open Mined will allow its app users to continue to generate data – the data will be used to train AI models (machine learning, deep learning, etc) without leaving the device, the model will be encrypted with Homomorphic Encryption, and shared with practitioners. The compensation will be determined by how much your data contributes to the accuracy of the model, automatically.
You will get paid for your data – at your discretion and with your permission.
The Blockchain revolution has begun and it needs you. This is our opportunity to begin to reclaim our freedom – to break away from centralized control!
Central banks are catching up …
Related Article: China’s Cryptocurrency NEO Will Change the World As We Know It